|List Price: $649.99
Our Price: Too low to display
Toshiba Satellite A355D-S6921 Notebook PC The Toshiba Satellite A355D-S6921 Notebook PC is versatile, affordable and equipped for fun and entertainment. Topped by an attractive Fusion? Finish with Constellation Black pattern, this laptop still has the memory, storage and processing power that add up to great performance ideal for helping you handle your busy life. Yet when the day's done, it's also ready to play, offering an AMD Turion? X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-70, 3GB DDR2, 250GB (5400rpm) hard drive, and a brilliant 16-inch diagonal display for more memorable movies and photo editing. Coupled together with features like a Webcam, USB Sleep-and-Charge and a high-definition sound port stay productive while you travel.
Replace your desktop PC with the Toshiba Satellite A355-S6921 laptop, featuring all the power and hard drive space you expect from a top-of-the-line desktop but in an easily mobile package. Stylishly designed, this Toshiba Satellite features a large, bright 16-inch LCD (1366 x 768)--with a true 16:9 aspect ratio and 720p native high-definition resolution. It's also great for using as a media center, with Toshiba's Express Media Player enabling you to bypass the system and access CDs and DVDs with a touch of button. The dual-layer DVD¡ÀRW drive also burns CDs and offers LabelFlash print functionality. A 1.3 megapixel digital web camera built into the LCD's bezel lets you quickly snap photos and participate in live video chats.
The integrated webcam does more than just video chats. It includes Toshiba Face Recognition capabilities--the ultimate hands-free, hassle-free way to log onto your laptop. Just show your face to the webcam--no keeping track of hard-to-remember passwords and no unnecessary typing. And if you're using one laptop for several users--say for the whole family or for a small business--Toshiba Face Recognition lets you switch profiles with one simple look.
It offers dual-core productivity from its 2.0 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-70 processor. Other features include a spacious 250 GB hard drive, 3 GB of RAM (4 GB maximum), 5-in-1 memory card reader, Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11a/b/g/n), ATI Radeon 3100 graphics (with up to 1919 MB of dynamically shared video memory), Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n), and Toshiba's Fusion finish with Horizon pattern.
This PC also comes preinstalled with the 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, which includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center. In addition to easily playing your DVD movies and managing your digital audio library, you'll be able to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV). Vista also integrates new search tools throughout the operating system, includes new parental control features, and offers new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures.
This Toshiba notebook is Energy Star 4.0 certified and it is RoHS-compliant, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
| Spec Check |
- 16-inch LCD screen
- 2.0 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-70 processor
- 250 GB hard drive
- 3 GB RAM (4 GB maximum)
- Dual-layer DVD¡ÀR drive with LabelFlash
- Draft-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
- ATI Radeon 3100 graphics (up to 1919 MB shared)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
- Fusion finish with Horizon pattern
- Weighs 6.5 pounds
Screen, Video & Audio
- Processor: The 2.0 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-70 processor offers a dual-core architecture, which delivers additional computing resources to help expand your PC¡¯s capabilities by providing higher throughput and simultaneous computing--increasing your performance by up to 80 percent. You'll be able to perform multiple tasks such as digital rendering and gaming all while running virus scan or other background tasks seamlessly thanks to the innovative Direct Connect Architecture. And it's designed to handle simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. You'll enjoy long battery life thanks to the AMD PowerNow! power management technology, which delivers performance on demand and can extend system battery life up to 65 percent. And the AMD Digital Media XPress technology delivers stellar multimedia performance and playback on digital entertainment such as games, streaming video and audio, DVDs, and music.
It has a 1 MB L2 cache, and this processor can deliver up to 4.0 GT/sec. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance.)
- Hard Drive: The generous 250 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM) provides more than enough capacity for storing a large audio and video library, as well as extra space required for video editing. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
- Memory: The 3 GB of installed RAM (PC6400, 1 x 2 GB, 2 x 1 GB) helps boost the amount of available video RAM that's shared with this notebook's video card. It also offers an ultra-fast 800 MHz speed. This notebook has 4 GB maximum RAM capacity. To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: The dual-layer Labelflash DVD drive is compatible with a wide range of formats, including both DVD+RW and DVD-RW discs, CD-RW discs, and dual-layer (DL) DVD¡ÀR discs, which can hold up to 8.5 GB of data--great for backing up your MP3 collection or your most important documents. It features the following speeds: 6x for both DVD¡ÀR DL, 8x for both single-layer DVD¡ÀR, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 5x DVD-RAM, and 24x/16x for CD-R/RW. It reads DVD-ROM discs at 8x and CD-ROMs at 24x.
With the Labelflash functionality, you can burn high-resolution, high-contrast pictures on the label side of DVD discs using the same laser used for data recording. Enjoy transparency and high-quality not found in traditional printable media. All you need is a Labelflash DVD disc to start labeling without a printer.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a standard 86-key keyboard and electro-static two-button touchpad. It also offers a launch button for the Express CD/DVD media player and control buttons (play, stop, next, previous) as well as a volume control dial.
The 16-inch WXGA LCD has a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels--perfect for watching movies in their intended 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. It also provides TruBrite technology, which makes images brighter and more vivid thanks to its anti-glare feature. Video is powered by the ATI Radeon 3100 graphics chip which uses shared video memory (up to 1919 MB dynamically allocated from the system memory).
This notebook also features an integrated audio card and two Harman Kardon stereo speakers.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
Be ready for the next platform in wireless connectivity with the integrated Atheros Draft-N Wi-Fi chip. Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and Wi-Fi hotspots).
It also includes a next-generation ExpressCard card slot (replacing the PCMCIA slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features. It comes with the following external connectors:
- 4 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players (including 1 eSATA/USB combo port)
- 1 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals
- Video out: VGA
- 1 ExpressCard 54/34 slot
- 1 headphone jack (with SPDIF digital output for 5.1-channel surround sound)
- 1 microphone jack
- 5-in-1 memory card reader (Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD Picture Card)
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet networking
- 56K modem (V.90)
The 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium (with SP1) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
Microsoft Works 9.0, Google Toolbar, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5, Norton 360 All-in-One Security (30-day trial), and Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition (60-day trial).
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measures 15.1 x 10.5 x 1.52 inches (WxDxH, and it weighs 6.5 pounds.
It comes with a 4000 mAH lithium-ion battery pack for extra-long battery life.
What's in the Box
This package contains the Toshiba Satellite A355-S6921 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions. It is backed by a one-year limited hardware warranty.
- Toshiba Satellite NoteBook review
The Toshiba Satellite NoteBook is terrible slow.
My power button broken even I don't use it very often. (I got 5 computers
Tech Support is horrible.
This will be my last Toshiba laptop in my life....more info
- solid 4
I would give it A 5 stars but, i being having problems with the touch pad and the volume other than that very good laptop...more info
- Toshiba A355-S6940 laptop
I am extremely happy with this purchase.As advertized it's fast with plenty of memory & harddrive space,with a large,bright,clear screen.Great for work or play.I did plenty of research before deciding on this laptop & I can honestly say this has the most bang for the buck!would recommend.
The only complaint (if you would even call it that) would be the way Toshiba went about lighting up the base section or keybaord section of the laptop.I think it would have been more usefull too have the actual numbers & letters on the keys light up instead of the line(light)above the touch pad & the dvd controls....more info
- Not Too Pleased...
Not too pleased, so far. CONS: Several of my programs won't work with Windows Vista 64-bit. Many of my favorite websites won't work with Vista 64-bit or Internet Explorer 8, both on this computer. The mouse pad/mouse buttons are quirky, imprecise, difficult to use (despite repeated adjustments) and often unresponsive. The mouse buttons are harder to push than normal, especially for someone with arthritis. The strangely textured mouse pad gets very warm, also feels staticky, which during use, seems to make my thumb/finger feel somewhat numb/tingly. (Never had that happen before.) The keyboard glares terribly, which is distracting and makes it very difficult to use, especially for those who need to look at the keys occasionally. It is also slippery when typing, causing errors. (Never had that problem before.) Don't like the glossy texture, at all, as it ALWAYS looks terribly "fingerprinty" and dirty, no matter what I do! I bought a 16" screen, so it would appear slightly bigger and easier to see, than my 15.4" screen (paid extra), but in fact the 16" screen is 1/2 inch SHORTER than my other one and only 5/8 inch wider. Not worth the extra money; harder to see. Lastly, slower than I expected, full of junk software, no rescue disks (better make your own, first thing!), Toshiba customer service is terrible, the caps lock light is difficult to see and several of the plugs/ports are flimsy. PROS: The speakers seem nice. It has an S-video port, which was a main reason for this purchase. Don't think I would order this computer again....more info
- NICE... VERY NICE
This laptop creams vista easily... the only thing you do when you get it... is uninstall the devil (norton) and its fine from ther... I played combat arms (nexon) on it and it was smooth over wireless at that not hard wired....more info
- Highly Versatile Laptop (A355-S6935)
A laptop has almost all the features (see product page at Amazon.com) that any selective buyers are looking to purchase: Performance, Features and Price in one package at current time. Fast and sleek with HDMI 1080p output! If it comes with internal Blue Tooth connection and a surface is less susceptible to user finger-printed that would be "110%" perfect....more info
- I'll need to buy a seatbelt!
I'm a professional photographer and graphic designer. I run a several applicatiions at a time and process a lot of 21 megapixel images at once. This Toshiba does what I tell it to RIGHT NOW.
You don't know what you're buying into until you have to deal with customer service. I found that the wireless internet feature didn't work and with great trepidation phoned their customer service number. I got a real person I could understand and she worked towards the solution, but had to pass me along to a higher tech who patiently worked with me. He had me un-install some stuff (I'm not a techie) and re-install it again. This took time, and he asked if he could call me back when it was done. He phoned back moments after the process finished (he must've set a timer) and resolved the problem. Now I know I not only have a computer which thoroughly meets my needs, but that I have customer support if I need it....more info