Newest and most comprehensive OSS solution in industry capitalizes on NetCracker's work with tier one service providers
Waltham, MA February 17, 2005 -- NetCracker Technology, a leading provider of OSS and IT Infrastructure Management solutions, announced today that its newest and most comprehensive OSS solution to date, NetCracker 6.0, will be available for general release in March. NetCracker 6.0 builds upon the company's dynamic OSS platform and solution expertise to deliver even more value to customers around the world through advanced clustering capabilities, full scale multi-language support, and enhanced network planning and service modeling functionality.
NetCracker's suite of products and services enables providers of wireless, broadband, voice, IP and other services to increase revenues and reduce costs by automating and streamlining the inventory management and provisioning processes and efficiently managing all of their telecommunications assets throughout their life-cycle. In NetCracker 6.0, NetCracker incorporates best practices, product features and functionality that it has developed while working with the world's leading service providers and cable operators.
"NetCracker 6.0 is designed with the tier-one carrier°™a carrier who is delivering bundled services across multiple networks in multiple geographies°™in mind," said Andrew Feinberg, President & CEO of NetCracker. "NetCracker incorporates best practices based on its work with leading global telecom companies, adds its extensive OSS implementation expertise, and uses the most advanced OSS software in the industry to deliver real solutions that address real challenges. Companies select NetCracker because of our unique ability to support their service delivery needs at an enterprise level. The enhancements in 6.0 further strengthen our leadership, maintaining NetCracker as the premier provider of OSS Solutions."
The enhancements to NetCracker 6.0 support service providers' need to roll out services rapidly and profitably in order to retain customers and stay competitive in a dynamic market. Specific functionality added or enhanced in NetCracker 6.0 includes:
Overall System/OSS Engine
- Scalability - Clustering enhancements using BEA Weblogic 8.1
- WebSphere - Support for IBM WebSphere 5.1.1
- WebLogic- Support for BEA WebLogic 8.1
- Oracle 9i - Support for Oracle 9i
- Localization - Full language localization for all NetCracker modules and all functionality
- Navigation - Context-based on-line Help
- MPLS Layer 3 VPN - Improved MPLS Layer 3 VPN support including automation capabilities for creating client locations, VPN and Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
- ATM Layer 2 VPN - Support for ATM Layer 2 VPNs
- Frame Relay Layer 2 VPN - Frame Relay Layer 2 VPN support
- VoIP - Additional functionality to simplify modeling of VoIP networks
- Enhanced editing - Bulk editor enhanced to allow for the creation and editing of multiple objects and fields simultaneously
- Enhanced planning - Additional device planning rules, circuit planning rules, path element planning rules, channel planning rules incorporated as templates for network design and provisioning
- Better management - Improved tools for managing overlapping IP ranges/ addresses
Outside Plant Management
- Enhanced geographical support - WireMap geographical information system (GIS) supported in addition to MapInfo and ESRI
- Enhanced configuration capabilities - Additional configuration capabilities for cabling/ cable naming conventions
Network Discovery & Reconciliation
- Search & filter - Additional search and filter capabilities available to assist in data analysis and prioritization
- Data support - Support for multiple data types including plain text, XLS, XML, and data loaded over different protocols including telnet and SSH
- Error & fix Enhancements - "Error message" extended to include possible sources of error and context-based "fix" recommendations
NetCracker is previewing NetCracker 6.0 now.
About NetCracker Technology
NetCracker Technology is a leading provider of OSS solutions for telecommunications service providers, government agencies and cable operators. The NetCracker OSS solution combines software, services and expertise to help customers address their most pressing OSS challenges so that they can deliver products to the market more rapidly and profitability. NetCracker solutions help customers deploy new products, reduce service delivery costs, manage network inventory, and track telecom assets. NetCracker's pre-integrated product modules include Network Inventory Management, Auto Design & Assign, Network Discovery & Reconciliation, Outside Plant, Order Management, Asset Management and Telecom Cost Management. Founded in 1993, NetCracker Technology is headquartered in Waltham, MA, and can be reached at 1 (781) 419-3300 or www.netcracker.com.