|List Price: $1073.00
Our Price: $839.99
You Save: $233.01 (22%)
The HP Pavilion Elite delivers an amazing high-end home entertainment experience, DX10 3D Mainstream gaming, and power for the most demanding PC tasks. This premium PC's enhanced features and technology puts everything you need where you want it. The AMD Phenom X4 processor enable true multi-core solution for a new dimension in performance that deliver an exquisitely powerful intensely visual and striking efficient computing experience. If you want to do it all?get the HP Pavilion Elite m9000f Desktop PC and you'll have the latest, high-performance computing experience. NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS with 512MB Dedicated Graphics Memory DVD+-R/RW DL SATA Drive with LightScribe High Definition Audio, 8 speaker configurable Built-in 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet LAN 15-in-1 card reader Front ports - 2 x USB, IEEE 1394, Headphone, Microphone Back ports - 4 x USB, IEEE 1394, 2 x PS2 ports (keyboard, mouse), Rear Speaker out, Side speaker out, Center, Microphone/Line-in/Line-out, RJ-45 (LAN), DVI-I, HDMI out Expansion slots - 3 x PCI Express x1 (two available), PCI Express x16 (occupied) Drive bays - 2 x 5.25 (one available), 2 x 3.5 (one available) Monitor is not included
Delivering an amazing high-end home entertainment experience, DirectX 10 gaming, and power for the most demanding PC tasks, the HP Pavilion m9500f Elite desktop PC is powered by the 2.4 GHz quad-core AMD Phenom X4 9750. With four cores in a single processor, the AMD Phenom X4 and the 8 GB of RAM (with 16 GB maximum capacity) deliver excellent multitasking and multimedia performance, and it's a perfect match for the pre-installed 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium. You can also go wireless and clutter-free with wireless keyboard, mouse, and remote control, and it includes the next step in Wi-Fi networking with a Draft-N wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n).
A recessed landing pad on top of the chassis offers a convenient place for connecting USB and FireWire devices. One touch of the HP Easy Backup button lets you back up your files instantly, helping to protect irreplaceable photos and files. And the SuperMulti DVD burner with LightScribe technology lets you etch custom, silkscreen-quality labels and artwork directly onto LightScribe-enabled CDs and DVDs.
The sleek, black m9500f multimedia powerhouse (see larger version; monitor not included).
This Pavilion Elite offers a built-in drive bay to fit an optional HP Pocket Media Drive, for up to 160 GB of additional storage that you can carry away with you when you go (media drive not included). Other features include a 750 GB hard drive, Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS graphics with up to 2558 MB of total available graphics memory, HDMI and DVI video outputs, 15-in-1 memory card reader, up to 8 channels of surround sound output, and Gigabit Ethernet wired networking. It comes with a wired keyboard and mouse.
The pre-installed 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1) includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center. In addition to easily playing your DVD movies and managing your digital audio library, you'll be able to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV). Vista also integrates new search tools throughout the operating system, includes new parental control features, and offers new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures.
| Spec Check |
- 2.4 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9750 processor
- 750 GB hard drive
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB maximum)
- Dual-layer LightScribe DVDí└R drive
- Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS graphics (up to 2558 MB total)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit, SP1)
Video & Audio
- Processor: This desktop is powered by AMD's 2.4 GHz Phenom X4 9750 quad-core processor was designed for megatasking--running multiple, multi-threaded applications such as processor-intensive visual design and modeling and serious 3D games as well all your digital multimedia. With an integrated memory controller and shared L3 cache, AMD Phenom X4 9000 Series processors have low-latency access to main memory for amazingly rapid system response and phenomenal system performance. The 9750 has 2 MB of L2 cache in addition to 2 MB of L3 cache and a 2000MT/s system bus.
All AMD Phenom X4 9000 series processors feature AMD64 with Direct Connect Architecture to blast through performance bottlenecks and provide direct access to DDR2 memory. AMD's HyperTransport 3.0 technology now provides support for full 1080p high-definition video. And with the next generation Cool'n'Quiet 2.0 technology reducing heat and noise, the AMD Phenom X4 9000 Series quad-core processor delivers seamless multitasking and optimum energy efficiency.
- Hard Drive: The ginormous 750 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM) provides more than enough capacity for storing a large audio and video library, as well as extra space required for video editing. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
This desktop also includes a drive bay that fits an optional HP Pocket Media Drive, which enables you to add up to 160 GB of additional storage. The Pocket Media Drive also works with any USB-enabled PC, for easy transferring of multimedia files from other computers in your home.
- Memory: The 8 GB of installed RAM (PC6400) helps boost the amount of available video RAM that's shared with this notebook's video card. It also offers a fast 800 MHz speed. This desktop has an amazing 16 GB maximum RAM capacity (4 x 4 GB) when used with a 64-bit operating system (4 GB when used with a 32-bit OS). To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: This multiformat DVD/CD drive is compatible with writing both DVD+ and DVD- disc formats as well as dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can store up to 8.5 GB of data. It features 12x DVDí└R DL Write Once, 16x DVDí└R, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 12x DVD-RAM, 40x CD-R, 32x CD-RW write speeds and 40x CD-ROM, and 16x DVD-ROM read speeds.
This LightScribe DVDí└RW drive lets you laser-etch silkscreen quality text and images on to CDs and DVDs . Your software, PC and discs work together for a no-hassle way to burn just the labels you want. After you burn content, just flip the disc over, reinsert and burn your label--anything from a simple title to a full-disc work of art.
- Keyboard & Mouse: It comes with an HP multimedia keyboard and scroller mouse (both with PS/2 connections).
Video is powered by the Nvidia GeForce 9500 GS graphics/video card, which provides 512 MB of dedicated video RAM and offers up to 2558 MB of total available graphics memory as allocated by Windows Vista. Enabled by PureVideo HD, movies come to life with outstanding picture clarity, ultra-smooth video and vivid color. The lifelike images have up to six times the detail of standard DVD movies. Delivering state-of-the-art graphics performance, The GeForce 9500 GS graphics card is sure to give you the power and performance you crave to play the hottest DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 titles. Its 16x full-screen antialiasing technology delivers superior quality along with astounding performance and since it's optimized for Windows Vista.
The video card includes VGA and DVI video out as well as HDMI audio/video out options. This PC also offers an integrated audio card that can produce high definition surround sound configurable to 8 speakers.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This desktop can be wirelessly networked with the integrated Draft-N Wi-Fi LAN (802.11b/g/n). Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks. It has one PCI expansion slot (available), two PCI x1 Express slots (one available), one PCI x16 Express slot (occupied), two 5.25-inch bays (one available), three 3.5-inch bays (one available), and the following external ports:
- 6 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players (2 in front, 4 in rear)
- 2 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals (1 in front, 1 in rear)
- Video out: DVI, HDMI, and VGA
- Headphone and microphone jacks
- Audio: Digital SPDIF audio input/output, analog input/output
- Surround sound speakers--rear, side, center (subwoofer)
- 2 PS/2 ports for connecting keyboards and mice
- 15-in-1 media card reader on the front, compatible with CompactFlash (Type I and II), MicroDrive, SmartMedia, Memory Stick/Pro/Duo/Pro Duo, MultiMedia Card, Secure Digital, XD Picture Card, RSMMC, MMC Mobile, MMC+
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- 56K modem (V.90)
The 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium (with SP1) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
- HP MediaSmart Software Suite: Your one-stop multimedia and entertainment center to create photo slideshows, share personal videos, listen to your favorite music playlists and watch DVD movies.
- muvee autoProducer Basic: Automatically create professional looking home videos and burn to DVD.
- Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe: Automatically fix and edit videos and create CDs and DVDs. Edit, burn and archive data to discs.
- Microsoft Works 9: Includes a word processor, spreadsheet, database and calendar.
- Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (60-day trial version).
- Adobe Reader 8: Read and print PDF files.
- Norton Internet Security 2009 protects your PC and your identity when you email, bank and shop online; 60 days of protection updates included.
Dimensions & Weight
This desktop measures 16.61 x 7.0 x 15.51 inches (LxWxD) and weighs approximately 24.25 pounds.
What's in the Box
The HP Pavilion Elite m9500f desktop PC comes with a power cord, keyboard, and scroller mouse. It is backed by a one-year warranty for parts and labor from date of purchase, one-year technical phone service, and 90 days of software application support.
Note: Monitor not included.