|List Price: $899.99
Our Price: Too low to display
Expanding on the sophisticated elegance of the current line, the new dv series is defined by fluid, modern lines and metalized finishes with surprising innovations inside and out. High-gloss HP Imprint finish in bronze and chrome now encases all surfaces visible during normal use for greater durability. From the thin-and-light design to the lightweight 13.3" diagonal LED display and extended-life battery, the dv3 series is designed with mobility in mind. While HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection locks your hard drive into place when it senses abrupt motion to help prevent data loss. The built-in eSATA/USB Combo port enables fast backup to an external hard drive. Also personalized discs with custom laser-etched disc labels with LightScribe and preinstalled Cyberlink DVD Suite. Just burn data on the disc, flip it over and burn the cover image using any scanned image and/or text. 13.3 diagonal WXGA (1280 x 800) LED BrightView Display Built-in Webcam and Digital Microphone ATI Radeon HD 3200 with up to 1982MB Shared Graphics Memory SuperMulti 8x DVD+-R/RW Drive with Double Layer 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet LAN 5-in-1 Bridge Media Adapter - MMC, SD, MS, MS Pro, xD ExpressCard 34 Slot Fingerprint Reader 2 x USB 2.0, eSATA/USB Combo, Headphone out; Microphone-in, VGA, HDMI, RJ-11 (Modem), RJ-45 Approximate Unit Dimensions - 12.2 (L) x 9.05 (W) x 1.27 (H) Approximate Unit Weight - 4.6 Pounds
Offering an eye-catching modern look, the entertainment-focused HP Pavilion dv3-1075us notebook PC makes it easy to enjoy your favorite music and videos while on the go, as well as keep you productive with a speedy dual-core processor and 64-bit Windows Home Vista Premium operating system. The 13.3-inch high-definition BrightView display looks good even in direct sunlight, and you'll enjoy movies or music in seconds with the external DVD or music buttons to launch HP QuickPlay (which bypasses the boot process). Control playback settings from up to 10 feet away with the included HP remote, then store it conveniently in the Express card slot. Turn your next instant message into a live video chat with the integrated webcam and omni-directional microphone. Optimized for low-light environments, it's great for capturing short videos to share on your favorite social networking site.
It offers dual-core productivity from its 2.1 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-72 processor. HP's ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection locks your 320 GB hard drive into place when it senses abrupt motion to help prevent data loss. The built-in eSATA/USB combo port enables fast backup to an external hard drive. Other features include 4 GB of installed RAM (8 GB maximum), ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics with up to 1982 MB of available memory, dual-layer DVD¡ÀRW drive (which also burns CDs), ExpressCard 54 slot, quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), 5-in-1 memory card reader, and integrated fingerprint reader for added security.
Expanding on the sophisticated elegance of HP's notebook design from the past few years, the new DV series is defined by fluid, modern lines and metalized finishes. The HP Intersect Imprint finish in bronze and chrome encases all surfaces visible during normal use for greater durability. And the Intersect Imprint features an argyle-like pattern for subtle contrast to the liquid appearance of the metallic finish. The streamlined look is enhanced with a color-matched keyboard and touchpad. And touch media controls light up and become visible only when the system is powered on further enhancing the clean appearance.
| Spec Check |
- 13.3-inch LCD screen
- 2.1 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-72 processor
- 320 GB hard drive
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB maximum)
- Dual-layer DVD¡ÀR drive
- Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) li>ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics (up to 1982 MB total)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit, SP1)
- Weighs 4.6 pounds
- Processor: The 2.1 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-72 processor offers a dual-core architecture, which delivers additional computing resources to help expand your PC's capabilities by providing higher throughput and simultaneous computing--increasing your performance by up to 80 percent. You'll be able to perform multiple tasks such as digital rendering and gaming all while running virus scan or other background tasks seamlessly thanks to the innovative Direct Connect Architecture. And it's designed to handle simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. You'll enjoy long battery life thanks to the AMD PowerNow! power management technology, which delivers performance on demand and can extend system battery life up to 65 percent. And the AMD Digital Media XPress technology delivers stellar multimedia performance and playback on digital entertainment such as games, streaming video and audio, DVDs, and music.
It has a 1 MB L2 cache, and this processor can deliver up to 4.0 GT/sec. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance.)
- Hard Drive: The large 320 GB Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive (5400 RPM) offers a wealth of storage space, perfect for storing a vast multimedia collection or for editing digital video. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
You'll enjoy enhanced hard drive protection with HP's Protectsmart, which includes a 3D accelerometer that safeguards your data by parking your hard drive if your notebook detects any range of motion, such as being knocked off your desk, falling or taking abuse.
- Memory: The 4 GB of installed RAM helps boost the amount of available video RAM that's shared with this notebook's video card. This notebook has an amazing 8 GB maximum RAM capacity (4 x 2 GB). To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: This multiformat DVD/CD drive is compatible with writing both DVD+ and DVD- disc formats as well as dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can store up to 8.5 GB of data. It features 4x DVD-R DL Write Once, 2.4x DVD+R DL Write Once, 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 8x DVD-R, 4x DVD-RW, 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW, and 40x CD-ROM speeds.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a 101-key keyboard and a touchpad with on/off button and dedicated vertical/horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad. It also includes two quick-launch buttons (HP QuickPlay Music and DVD).
Screen, Video & Audio
You'll enjoy razor-sharp graphics and widescreen movies with the 13.3-inch WXGA high-definition screen, which has a widescreen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels--perfect for watching DVD movies the way they were meant to be seen. Video is powered by the ATI Radeon HD 3200 with RS780M chipset, which features 64 MB of DDR2 sideport memory and up to 1982 MB total graphics memory (as allocated by the operating system). The AMD 780 Chipset series lets you connect to a wide range of the latest HD panels by supporting numerous display technologies. Take advantage of ATI SurroundView to support up to four monitors. It also offers support for Microsoft DirectX 10, providing compatibility with today's most advanced and graphic-intensive games and applications.
The Altec Lansing speakers provide exceptional sound, and it also includes SRS Premium Sound.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
Be ready for the next platform in wireless connectivity with the integrated quad-mode Wi-Fi chip. Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and Wi-Fi hotspots) as well as 802.11a networks (which has a higher throughput, but more limited range--great for closed office environments).
It also includes a next-generation ExpressCard 34 card slot (replacing the PCMCIA slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features. It comes with the following external connectors:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players (with 1 eSATA + USB 2.0 combo port)
- 1 HDMI output (for connecting to a compatible HDTV or home theater receiver for uncompressed digital audio and video via a single cable)
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- 1 ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
- 1 headphone jack
- 1 microphone jack
- 1 Expansion Port 3 connector (for use with the HP xb3000 Expansion Base or the HP Notebook QuickDock)
- 1 IR receiver
- 5-in-1 memory card reader (Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD Picture Card)
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet networking
- 56K modem (V.90)
The 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium (with SP1) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
- HP MediaSmart Software Suite: Your one-stop multimedia and entertainment center to create photo slideshows, share personal videos, listen to your favorite music playlists and watch DVD movies.
- muvee autoProducer Basic: Automatically create professional looking home videos and burn to DVD.
- Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe: Automatically fix and edit videos and create CDs and DVDs. Edit, burn and archive data to discs.
- Microsoft Works 9: Includes a word processor, spreadsheet, database and calendar.
- Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (60-day trial version).
- Adobe Reader 8: Read and print PDF files.
- Norton Internet Security 2009 protects your PC and your identity when you email, bank and shop online; 60 days of protection updates included.
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measures 12.2 x 9.05 x 1.27 inches (WxHxD) and weighs 4.6 pounds.
It's powered by a 6-cell rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which has a battery life of up to 2 hours (depending on usage).
What's in the Box
This package contains the HP Pavilion dv3-1075us notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, IR remote control, and operating instructions. It is backed by a limited warranty for parts and labor for one year from date of purchase as well as technical telephone assistance for one year. Software is also covered for 30 days from date of purchase.
Reduce your impact on the environment with this Energy Star-certified system and HP's innovative take-back options, including trade-in, recycling and donation.
- poor battery
I was so excited to receive my HP, however the battery would not hold a charge for very long. I returned the product. ...more info
- A Good Little Workhorse After All...
I have had this laptop for a little over a month and it has finally been optimized for stable solid performance. If it weren't for all the trouble I've gone through, I would give it 5 star. I was almost ready to return it because it froze on me sometimes and was dropping internet connection every few minutes. Then I found out almost all the trouble during the first 2 weeks was caused by software or OS. I never needed to call HP support. After some tweaking, uninstalling and reinstalling, now it is working like a good old little workhorse.
The keyboard has a butter smooth finish to the touch and doesn't seem to have any compromise for its 13.3" small footprint. However, there is no backlit feature on this keyboard. I went to the Keyboard folder in control panel and couldn't find any option for backlit. It is well designed, very modern and sleek. There are some nice little features, such as the HP logo lighting up when the laptop is on... All indicators are well positioned and easy to see and one doesn't have to struggle to go back or under to find the switches or sockets...
I noticed this HP is quieter than any other laptop I used before. I have to really listen to hear it. As far as heat goes, it has been mostly lukewarm. It mostly sits on a glass surface or wood surface in airy location. In my recent 2 day trip, I forgot to take the AC adaptor with me so it totally relied on battery. I was careful to preserve battery power and didn't test its limits so I don't have much to testify about its battery life. I was able to check my emails, weather and news with no problems at all. I am most happy about the wireless internet connection stability at home and hotel. It got fired up effortlessly and stays on. It works perfectly with my dual-N band wireless router, a major improvement over my old retired laptop. It seems like they all deteriate after 2 or 3 years of daily use.
I conneted this laptop to a large Samsung monitor for home use with HDMI cable. Using a DVI cable to hook it up with the same monitor I was not able to achieve a full screen picture. There was about 2" wide blank band on each side of the monitor. The HDMI connection enabled me to have a full screen image. This HDMI was a major selling point to me because it allows me to use the technology available from my monitor.
That being said, with 4 GB ram and 2.10 GHz AMD dual-core processor, I honestly don't feel a significant difference in speed of streaming or loading performed by my old (now retired) laptops of smaller specs in their prime times. Maybe it's our old DSL or the giant Vista?
Another gripe is that the pictures above depict the CD/DVD drive as a pop-out tray (tray loading) whereas what I received from Amazon is a CD/DVD insertion slot (slot loading) like that in an iMac, which works just fine except sometimes it ejects the CD/DVD faster than I can catch it. The remote I received in the box is also different from the picture above. It is a simple 2.25" x 1.25" rectangular piece with a dozen buttons on. Too tiny to hold comfortably.
Anyway this HP has been working like it's supposed to for days. I will give an update if there is major change....more info
- Great small laptop
I was looking at the netbooks but I could hardly see the font on the screen. I also needed it to do school work while on vacations so I needed Word on it and the netbooks have no disk drive. After doing research I found this one to have the best reviews and I liked the fact that the screen was only 13.3 inches. The set up was very easy and within minutes I was using it. The bottom right does get a bit warm but I would think that's rather common with a slim-line laptop. I can't wait to use it on vacation. My older Dell was so large, heavy, and clumsy, which is why I wanted a smaller one. To me it was well worth the $$. I do wish the keyboard was lit because the letter are hard to see if you do not have the correct lighting....more info
- Grew fond of this very fast...
I did not buy this laptop from Amazon, I bought it from BestBuy. I paid $[...] plus 8.5% tax bringing the total to $[...].
I looked at all the laptops BB had, and the only one that compared to this was a Dell. The dell was not as sharp looking, the keyboard looked cheap and the black keys would get oily looking in no time flat. The HP sure looked and felt bomber in construction quality (indestructible). The dell was a 2.4GHz, (20% faster) though you would only feel it when running programs with heavy processing like photoshop.
By the way, the BB versions has Intel processors that run at 2.0GHz. The Amazon version runs AMD processors at 2.1GHz. (5% speed difference).
Well, this was the only Laptop that had 3 USBs. I love the way the keyboard lights up in low light conditions. I installed Firefox on both this laptop and compared it side to side with my Dell desktop P700Mhz. The FF install took about 3 seconds. The Dell desktop took about 30 seconds.
You cant hear this laptop running unless you really stop and concentrate and listen.
Here is one problem I came across. When doing the recommended backup using DVDs, the laptop was writing away. I grabbed the laptop with one hand by the screen (a bad habit of mine) to pick it up and set it on the floor. I thought I was gentle with it and I got a write error. I had to start the whole process again. So what I am saying is this machine might be a little sensitive to movement when the DVD is writing.
Most of my time was spent installing my personal software and locating Vista 64Bit drivers for older HW/SW components. Then you will want to back up your system up again after everything is confirmed working. But guess what, the version of Vista that comes with this laptop does not include software that you can do a complete system backup. This version of Vista only allows you to make one backup of your system and once you do it, you can never do it again. It is pretty cheap of MSFT to do this to us. I have a backup disk made by ClickFree I used for this. Else, why burn 8 DVDs plus buying additional software to handle the task.
Other than this, I am liking this machine more and more every day. It has been 4 days already and now I can say I really love this thing. So as long as you don't mind AMD over Intel buy it here and save $[...] bucks over Best Buy....more info
- Outstanding Laptop
Great computer. Works great with no glitches at all. The fingerprint reader and webcam work perfectly. It is light and very portable. Priced right....more info
- Got better deal on HP site
I purchased this on HP shopping site for less than 800 with discount (150 instant + 250 coupon).
The specs is a lot better:
- AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-86 (2.4 GHz)
- With Bluetooth
- Full Size Backlit Keyboard
- 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
I'm using now the notebook for more than 2 weeks and compare to the 3 previous notebook I had, this is far better.
- Vibrant LCD even under sun light
- Tactile Keyboard feeling is impressive
- My 9 cell battery last for 5 hours (the amazon model only has 6 cell)
- Colder compare to my old tx1000 which also has AMD Turion X2.
- If you have DVD slot loading, its noisy during disc loading and ejecting.
I upgraded my hard drive to 60 Gig SSD and currently running Windows 7 RC. Everything works fine.