|List Price: $519.99
Our Price: $519.99
The Satellite L300 laptop offers a 15.4" diagonal TruBrite widescreen high-definition display. This brilliant high-gloss screen is big enough to let you multitask with open windows, see all the spreadsheet columns you want, plus get full enjoyment from movies, photos and games too. Yet it's compact enough to be portable. You won't believe the color and contrast either.
With powerful processing power and ample memory, the Toshiba Satellite L305-S5924 notebook PC is a great mobile computing choice for the home, students, and small businesses. The integrated 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) lets you stay connected or work the Web at any wireless hotspot, while the cool Onyx Blue finish satisfies your requirements for style. It features a large, bright 15.4-inch XGA-resolution LCD (1280 x 800)--perfect for viewing multiple application screens or watching widescreen movies on DVD. It's also great for using as a media center, with Toshiba's unique Express Media Player enabling you to bypass the system and access CDs and DVDs with a touch of button. The dual-layer DVDí└RW drive also burns CDs.
This notebook PC is powered by the 2.16 GHz dual-core Intel Pentium T3400, which provides easy multitasking capabilities. It also includes a 160 GB hard drive, 2 GB of RAM (4 GB maximum), Intel GMA X4500M video card with up to 830 MB of shared video RAM, and webcam integrated into the display bezel for easy video chatting. Additionally, this Toshiba notebook is RoHS-compatible, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
This PC comes preinstalled with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1, 32-bit), which includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center. In addition to easily playing your DVD movies and managing your digital audio library, you'll be able to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV). Vista also integrates new search tools throughout the operating system, includes new parental control features, and offers new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures.
|Spec Check |
- 15.4-inch LCD screen
- 2.16 GHz Intel Pentium T3400 processor
- 160 GB hard drive
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB maximum)
- Dual-layer DVDí└R drive
- Draft-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
- Intel GMA X4500M graphics (up to 830 MB shared)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
- Weighs 5.5 pounds
Screen, Video & Audio
- Processor: The 2.16 GHz Intel Pentium T3400 dual-core processor delivers additional computing resources and help expand the PC's capabilities by providing higher throughput and simultaneous computing. You'll be able to perform multiple tasks such as digital rendering and gaming all while running virus scan or other background tasks seamlessly. And its Intel 64 architecture is also ready for tomorrow's 64-bit applications, and offers enhanced performance through improved virtual memory. Each core shares 2 MB of L2 cache, and they have a 667 MHz front-side bus. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
- Hard Drive: The 160 GB hard drive (5400 RPM) offers enough to room to hold a digital audio library of over 26,000 songs and still have room left over for movies, games, and a large collection of software. This Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
- Memory: The 2 GB of installed RAM (PC2-6400, 1 x 2 GB, 2 x 1 GB) is a great start. This notebook has a 4 GB maximum RAM capacity (2 x 2 GB). To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: The dual-layer Labelflash DVD drive is compatible with a wide range of formats, including both DVD+RW and DVD-RW discs, CD-RW discs, and dual-layer (DL) DVDí└R discs, which can hold up to 8.5 GB of data--great for backing up your MP3 collection or your most important documents. It features the following speeds: 6x for both DVDí└R DL, 8x for both single-layer DVDí└R, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 5x DVD-RAM, and 24x/16x for CD-R/RW. It reads DVD-ROM discs at 8x and CD-ROMs at 24x.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a standard 86-key keyboard and electro-static two-button touchpad. It also offers a launch button for the Express CD/DVD media player and control buttons (play, stop, next, previous) as well as a volume control dial.
This notebook has a 15.4-inch TFT display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels (native 720p for high-definition viewing). It also provides TruBrite technology, which makes images brighter and more vivid thanks to its anti-glare feature. Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500M, which uses shared video memory (up to 830 MB allocated from the system memory) and provides Windows Vista Aero interface support and enhanced 3D graphics performance--delivering over 2x scores on 3DMark 06. Intel Clear Video Technology provides outstanding video playback with sharper image quality, increased clarity, and customizable color controls. It also enables enhanced visual quality of interlaced content on progressive displays.
This notebook also features an integrated audio card and two stereo speakers.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This notebook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN that's fully compatible with 802.11b/g wireless networks. It also includes a next-generation ExpressCard card slot (replacing the PCMCIA slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features. It comes with the following external connectors:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- 1 ExpressCard 54/34 slot
- Video out: VGA
- Microphone/line-in and stereo headphones/speakers/line-out
- RJ-45 port for 10/100 Ethernet connection
- 56K modem port (V.90)
- 5-in-1 memory card reader (Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO)
Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (32-bit) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
Microsoft Works 9.0, Google Toolbar, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5, Norton 360 All-in-One Security (30-day trial), and Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition (60-day trial).
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measures 14.3 x 10.6 x 1.5 inches (WxDxH, and it weighs 5.5 pounds.
It comes with a 4000 mAH lithium-ion battery pack for extra-long battery life.
What's in the Box
This package contains the Toshiba Satellite L305-S5924 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions. It is backed by a one-year limited hardware warranty.
- Sturdy son of a gun!
I've had this computer for two weeks now and I've grown to like it. For basic internet and MS needs, it's a keeper. The down side is the battery only lasts for 2 hours and I have to keep that in mind while I'm typing out a long report. I was also told by the clerk who owns a Toshiba that their batteries are short lived. Also this thing HATES Norton, so if your planning on using Norton you may want to pass this up. For everyday use this computer has been loyal and your defiantly getting your money's worth....more info
- Toshiba laptop
I have not had a problem with this laptop. I am not a computer person, I just do the basics, email, bills, pics, burn dvd's, etc. This is perfect for me, battery lasts about two hours which is fine for my uses. I would definitely recommend....more info
- Excellent laptop, fast
Very happy with this laptop.
The AMD Turion X2 is very fast.
Software package is very extensive.
- Great computer!
We purchased this computer for our son's 10th birthday. He just opened the box and was able to use it! We love it, it's perfect!...more info
- First Toshi
This is actually my first Toshiba, the first Laptop I have ever purchased and actually the first computer I have ever purchased. I am an IT manager and we can make anything work and usually take hand me downs. My Dell was getting long in the tooth so I was looking to replace it. I didn't want to spend a boat load of money so I did some research and found this laptop. Toshiba Laptops have a very good track record so I decided on this one. Let me tell you this is a nice laptop. Setup was quick and painless and it is nice performing machine.
The camera isn't the best in the west but that wasn't a purchase factor for me anyway. If this is low end it's a great low end machine!!Toshiba Satellite L305-S5924 15.4-Inch Laptop...more info
- Works well
I bought this computer mainly to have something portable to do my school work on and it works well for that purpose. I do not do a lot of downloading or other activities that take up a ton of memory, so if you need something for school or just surfing the internet I would say this is a great choice for the price. If you would be using the computer for an everyday job or heavy gaming/downloading this may not be the computer for you. Great family/leisure or student laptop. Be prepared to keep a can of air on hand because the keys will start to stick with a lot of use. Also, the disk drive seems a little flimsy which could pose a problem in the future....more info
- Toshiba Satelite L 305 Laptop
So far it has been everything I hoped it would be. We are basic email,internet photo shop users. The Toshiba sets up well for all of the above and more. Would purchase this one again - for right now. We have only had it a few weeks....more info
- Toshiba Laptop
I like the size of the monitor screen, also the key size is easy to use. Overall the machine is quality. ...more info
- Good All-Around Laptop
This is a great laptop for you everyday average user. It is great for surfing the web, email, and office work. As a "prosumer" photographer, I enjoy the memory card reader built into the front of the laptop, although I am not sure if I like its placement. The side might have been a better choice.
The flush mounted trackpad takes some getting used to and I still accidently hit it sometimes.
It is true what another reviewer said about the power plug. The design flaw is that the plug sticks out from the side of the laptop about an inch. For those who like to sit the laptop on their lap or use it on a less than solid surface, this can put pressure on the interior receptical of the plug. It eventually snaps (or appears to) out of place inside the laptop and you have to do some gentle manipulation to put it back into place.
This is the second Toshiba we have and is highly recommended for the price/value/perfomance...just be caustious about the plug....more info
- Toshiba Lalptop
Fantastic computer, very fast and has options that I really like. As a bonus, there is a built in web cam. Setup was very easy and I was on line within an hour of opening the box....more info
- Watch Out for Power Plug
Toshiba laptops have a big time power plug issue (internal power jack pulls away from housing preventing plug insertion). Mine failed within 4 months of use. It is a obvious design problem which Toshiba continues to ignore. Type in Toshiba Laptop Problems in Yahoo search engine. Its a problem that will NOT go away. Too bad...besides this issue it's not a bad machine. Customer support is way bad!!!...more info
- Cheaply Made
I bought this product as a replacement for my Sony VAIO that I been using for 7 years. I've been using it for three weeks now and I find it cheaply made. For one, one of the key is not working. Second, it gets sratch so easily. I've taken it overseas this past few week and had to find alternate computer to use because "A" keyboard letter sticks. I guess you get what you paid for. ...more info