|List Price: $599.99
Our Price: $599.91
You Save: $0.08 (0%)
The Satellite L300 is an affordable laptop that comes with the reassurance of Toshiba's well known quality. Everyday computing tasks are no problem at all with AMD Turion X2 mobile processor and 15.4" TruBrite widescreen. The Satellite L300 features a webcam integrated into the chassis, ideal for video calls, and has face recognition technology which allows easy logon to windows.
With powerful processing power and ample memory, the Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 notebook PC is a great mobile computing choice for the home, students, and small businesses. The integrated 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) lets you stay connected or work the Web at any wireless hotspot, while the cool Onyx Blue finish satisfies your requirements for style. It features a large, bright 15.4-inch XGA-resolution LCD (1280 x 800)--perfect for viewing multiple application screens or watching widescreen movies on DVD. It's also great for using as a media center, with Toshiba's unique Express Media Player enabling you to bypass the system and access CDs and DVDs with a touch of button. The dual-layer DVDí└RW drive also burns CDs and offers LabelFlash print functionality.
This notebook offers dual-core productivity from its 2.1 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-72 processor. It also includes a generous 250 GB hard drive, 3 GB of RAM (4 GB maximum), ATI Radeon 3100 video card with up to 1406 MB of shared video RAM, and webcam integrated into the display bezel for easy video chatting. Additionally, this Toshiba notebook is RoHS-compatible, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
This PC comes preinstalled with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1, 32-bit), which includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center. In addition to easily playing your DVD movies and managing your digital audio library, you'll be able to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV). Vista also integrates new search tools throughout the operating system, includes new parental control features, and offers new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures.
| Spec Check |
- 15.4-inch LCD screen
- 2.1 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-72 processor
- 250 GB hard drive
- 3 GB RAM (4 GB maximum)
- Dual-layer DVDí└R drive with Labelflash
- Draft-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
- ATI Radeon 3100 graphics (up to 1406 MB shared)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
- Weighs 5.5 pounds
Screen, Video & Audio
- Processor: The 2.1 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-72 processor offers a dual-core architecture, which delivers additional computing resources to help expand your PC’s capabilities by providing higher throughput and simultaneous computing--increasing your performance by up to 80 percent. You'll be able to perform multiple tasks such as digital rendering and gaming all while running virus scan or other background tasks seamlessly thanks to the innovative Direct Connect Architecture. And it's designed to handle simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. You'll enjoy long battery life thanks to the AMD PowerNow! power management technology, which delivers performance on demand and can extend system battery life up to 65 percent. And the AMD Digital Media XPress technology delivers stellar multimedia performance and playback on digital entertainment such as games, streaming video and audio, DVDs, and music.
It has a 1 MB L2 cache, and this processor can deliver up to 4.0 GT/sec. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance.)
- Hard Drive: The generous 250 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM) provides more than enough capacity for storing a large audio and video library, as well as extra space required for video editing. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
- Memory: The 3 GB of installed RAM (PC6400, 1 x 2 GB, 2 x 1 GB) helps boost the amount of available video RAM that's shared with this notebook's video card. It also offers an ultra-fast 800 MHz speed. This notebook has an 8 GB maximum RAM capacity. To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: The dual-layer Labelflash DVD drive is compatible with a wide range of formats, including both DVD+RW and DVD-RW discs, CD-RW discs, and dual-layer (DL) DVDí└R discs, which can hold up to 8.5 GB of data--great for backing up your MP3 collection or your most important documents. It features the following speeds: 6x for both DVDí└R DL, 8x for both single-layer DVDí└R, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 5x DVD-RAM, and 24x/16x for CD-R/RW. It reads DVD-ROM discs at 8x and CD-ROMs at 24x.
With the Labelflash functionality, you can burn high-resolution, high-contrast pictures on the label side of DVD discs using the same laser used for data recording. Enjoy transparency and high-quality not found in traditional printable media. All you need is a Labelflash DVD disc to start labeling without a printer.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a standard 86-key keyboard and electro-static two-button touchpad. It also offers a launch button for the Express CD/DVD media player and control buttons (play, stop, next, previous) as well as a volume control dial.
This notebook has a 15.4-inch TFT display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels (native 720p for high-definition viewing). It also provides TruBrite technology, which makes images brighter and more vivid thanks to its anti-glare feature. Video is powered by the ATI Radeon 3100 graphics chip which uses shared video memory (up to 1406 MB dynamically allocated from the system memory).
This notebook also features an integrated audio card and two stereo speakers.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This notebook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN that's fully compatible with 802.11b/g wireless networks. It also includes a next-generation ExpressCard card slot (replacing the PCMCIA slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features. It comes with the following external connectors:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- 1 ExpressCard 54/34 slot
- Video out: VGA
- Microphone/line-in and stereo headphones/speakers/line-out
- RJ-45 port for 10/100 Ethernet connection
- 56K modem port (V.90)
- 5-in-1 memory card reader (Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO)
Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (32-bit) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
Microsoft Works 9.0, Google Toolbar, Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5, Norton 360 All-in-One Security (30-day trial), and Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition (60-day trial).
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measures 14.3 x 10.6 x 1.5 inches (WxDxH, and it weighs 5.5 pounds.
It comes with a 4000 mAH lithium-ion battery pack for extra-long battery life.
What's in the Box
This package contains the Toshiba Satellite L305-S5935 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions. It is backed by a one-year limited hardware warranty.
- Great computer!
We purchased this computer for our son's 10th birthday. He just opened the box and was able to use it! We love it, it's perfect!...more info
- This is an awesome laptop!
Toshiba Satellite L305-S5924 15.4-Inch Laptop, is an awesome latop....I have sold one of this and my friend loves it so much. She told me that
she will ask all her friends and buys from me.
Toshiba Satellite L305-S5924 15.4-Inch Laptop...more info
- Good All-Around Laptop
This is a great laptop for you everyday average user. It is great for surfing the web, email, and office work. As a "prosumer" photographer, I enjoy the memory card reader built into the front of the laptop, although I am not sure if I like its placement. The side might have been a better choice.
The flush mounted trackpad takes some getting used to and I still accidently hit it sometimes.
It is true what another reviewer said about the power plug. The design flaw is that the plug sticks out from the side of the laptop about an inch. For those who like to sit the laptop on their lap or use it on a less than solid surface, this can put pressure on the interior receptical of the plug. It eventually snaps (or appears to) out of place inside the laptop and you have to do some gentle manipulation to put it back into place.
This is the second Toshiba we have and is highly recommended for the price/value/perfomance...just be caustious about the plug....more info
- Toshiba Satelite L 305 Laptop
So far it has been everything I hoped it would be. We are basic email,internet photo shop users. The Toshiba sets up well for all of the above and more. Would purchase this one again - for right now. We have only had it a few weeks....more info
- Sturdy son of a gun!
I've had this computer for two weeks now and I've grown to like it. For basic internet and MS needs, it's a keeper. The down side is the battery only lasts for 2 hours and I have to keep that in mind while I'm typing out a long report. I was also told by the clerk who owns a Toshiba that their batteries are short lived. Also this thing HATES Norton, so if your planning on using Norton you may want to pass this up. For everyday use this computer has been loyal and your defiantly getting your money's worth....more info
- Toshiba Laptop
I like the size of the monitor screen, also the key size is easy to use. Overall the machine is quality. ...more info
- watch out for Toshiba
Toshiba is known for computers that fail and the worst possible customer service. They have settled at least one class action lawsuit in the billions. We bought a Toshiba not knowing about their horrible record and it overheated. They have had it back to be serviced three times (and it was only six months old) but it still won't work. In fact when we got it back this time it won't even boot up.
Do research on the net before buying a Toshiba!...more info
- exceptional save one issue
This was an exceptional laptop for the money, all around, no issues, except the the adapter plug working loose from the laptop, after that I have to watch it closely to keep it from working loose and falling out, which could very easily result in needing a new battery if it happens more than twice without noticing its unplugged. But if your going to be setting at a desk not moving it around much or plugging and unplugging it very often its perfect....more info
- Toshiba Lalptop
Fantastic computer, very fast and has options that I really like. As a bonus, there is a built in web cam. Setup was very easy and I was on line within an hour of opening the box....more info
- Works well
I bought this computer mainly to have something portable to do my school work on and it works well for that purpose. I do not do a lot of downloading or other activities that take up a ton of memory, so if you need something for school or just surfing the internet I would say this is a great choice for the price. If you would be using the computer for an everyday job or heavy gaming/downloading this may not be the computer for you. Great family/leisure or student laptop. Be prepared to keep a can of air on hand because the keys will start to stick with a lot of use. Also, the disk drive seems a little flimsy which could pose a problem in the future....more info