|HP Pavilion A6750F Desktop PC (2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9650 Quad-Core Processor, 8 GB RAM, 750 GB Hard Drive, DVD Drive, Vista Premium)
|List Price: $917.00
Our Price: $684.97
You Save: $232.03 (25%)
Whether you're surfing the Web, touching up photos, or mixing a soundtrack for your home videos, HP Pavilion desktop PCs offer a variety of ways to make your computing experience richer and more rewarding. Every Pavilion PC includes many intuitive features that make capturing and sharing your digital experiences easier than ever. Starting with using AMD Phenom processors that enable true multi-core solutions for a new dimension in performance that deliver an exquisitely powerful, intensely visual and strikingly efficient computing experience. Another feature is by adding to the front panel a 15-in-1 memory card reader, making it easy to transfer photos and files to and from your digital camera and other peripheral devices. You also can create unique labels directly onto the CDs or DVDs by using Labelflash that uses a laser to etch any high-res design to the disc. ATI Radeon HD 3200 with 256MB Dedicated with up to 3323MB Shared Graphics Memory LightScribe SuperMulti DVD+-R/RW with Double Layer High Definition Audio, 8 speaker configurable 802.11b/g Wireless LAN 10/100/1000 Base T Ethernet LAN 15-in-1 card reader Front ports - 2 x USB, IEEE 1394, Headphone, Microphone Back ports - 4 x USB, IEEE 1394, 2 x PS2 ports (keyboard, mouse), Digital Audio Out, Microphone/Line-in/Line-out, Rear speaker-out, Side speaker out, Center (subwoofer), RJ-45 (LAN), VGA, DVI-D Expansion slots - 3 x PCI Express x1 (two available), PCI Express x16 (available) Drive bays - 2 x external 5.25 (one available), 1 x external 3.5 (available), 2 x internal 3.5 (one available) Monitor is not included
Boasting a sleek and shiny black-and-silver chassis, the HP Pavilion a6750f desktop PC comes loaded with the all tools you need to easily create, manage, share, and enjoy your digital photos, home videos, movies, and music. You can easily burn your home video productions to DVD for friends and family with the dual-layer, multi-format DVD/CD burner, which enables you to store up to 8.5 GB of data on a DL disc and provides a super-fast 16x DVD¡ÀRW write speed. It also includes LightScribe technology for personalized silkscreen-quality, laser-etched CD/DVD labels created right in the drive.
This desktop is powered by the AMD's 2.3 GHz Phenom X4 9650 quad-core processor, which increases the efficiency and speed of the PC as well as improves multimedia and gaming performance. Store more music, videos, and data on the super-sized 640 GB hard drive capacity. Other features include 8 GB of RAM (which can be bumped up to 16 GB), ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics (with 256 MB of dedicated graphics memory), 54g Wi-Fi networking, Gigabit Ethernet wired networking, a wide variety of connection ports on both the front and rear of the box, and a 15-in-1 memory card reader that's compatible with today's most popular digital camera formats.
The sleekly black HP Pavilion a6750f (monitor not included).
It comes preinstalled with the 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1), which includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center. In addition to easily playing your DVD movies and managing your digital audio library, you'll be able to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV). Vista also integrates new search tools throughout the operating system, includes new parental control features, and offers new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures.
|Spec Check |
- 2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9650 quad-core processor
- 750 GB hard drive
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB maximum)
- Dual-layer Lightscribe DVD¡ÀR drive
- ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics (256 MB dedicated)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit, SP1)
Video & Audio
- Processor: This desktop is powered by AMD's 2.3 GHz Phenom X4 9650 quad-core processor was designed for megatasking--running multiple, multi-threaded applications such as processor-intensive visual design and modeling and serious 3D games as well all your digital multimedia. With an integrated memory controller and shared L3 cache, AMD Phenom X4 9000 Series processors have low-latency access to main memory for amazingly rapid system response and phenomenal system performance. The 9650 has 2 MB of L2 cache in addition to 2 MB of L3 cache and a 2000MT/s system bus.
All AMD Phenom X4 9000 series processors feature AMD64 with Direct Connect Architecture to blast through performance bottlenecks and provide direct access to DDR2 memory. AMD's HyperTransport 3.0 technology now provides support for full 1080p high-definition video. And with the next generation Cool'n'Quiet 2.0 technology reducing heat and noise, the AMD Phenom X4 9000 Series quad-core processor delivers seamless multitasking and optimum energy efficiency.
- Hard Drive: The ginormous 750 GB Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive (7200 RPM) offers a wealth of storage space, perfect for storing a vast multimedia collection or for editing digital video. This SATA hard drive has a 3Gb/s interface speed that enables up to 300MB/s data transfer rates (double the speed of the current SATA interface of 1.5Gb/s).
- Memory: The 8 GB of installed RAM (PC6400) helps boost the amount of available video RAM that's shared with this notebook's video card. It also offers a fast 800 MHz speed. This desktop has an amazing 16 GB maximum RAM capacity (4 x 4 GB) when used with a 64-bit operating system (4 GB when used with a 32-bit OS). To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: This multiformat DVD/CD drive is compatible with writing both DVD+ and DVD- disc formats as well as dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can store up to 8.5 GB of data. It features 12x DVD¡ÀR DL Write Once, 16x DVD¡ÀR, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 12x DVD-RAM, 40x CD-R, 32x CD-RW write speeds and 40x CD-ROM, and 16x DVD-ROM read speeds.
This LightScribe DVD¡ÀRW drive lets you laser-etch silkscreen quality text and images on to CDs and DVDs . Your software, PC and discs work together for a no-hassle way to burn just the labels you want. After you burn content, just flip the disc over, reinsert and burn your label--anything from a simple title to a full-disc work of art.
- Keyboard & Mouse: It comes with an HP multimedia keyboard and scroller mouse (both with PS/2 connections).
Video is powered by the ATI Radeon HD 3200 with RS780M chipset, which provides 256 MB of dedicated video memory. The AMD 780 Chipset series lets you connect to a wide range of the latest HD panels by supporting numerous display technologies. Take advantage of ATI SurroundView to support up to four monitors. It also offers support for Microsoft DirectX 10, providing compatibility with today's most advanced and graphic-intensive games and applications. It also has an integrated audio card that can produce high definition surround sound configurable to 8 speakers.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This desktop has an integrated 54g wireless LAN that's fully compatible with 802.11b/g wireless networks. For expansion, it has three PCI Express x1 slot (available), one PCI Express x16 slot (available), two 5.25-inch bays (one available), and three 3.5-inch bays (two available). It comes with the following external connectors:
- 6 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players (2 in front, 4 in rear)
- 2 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals (1 in front, 1 in rear)
- 2 PS/2 ports for connecting keyboards and mice
- Video output: 1 VGA, 1 DVI
- 2 headphone and 2 microphone (front and rear)
- Digital coaxial audio input/output as well as surround sound speaker outputs (rear/side/center)
- 15-in-1 multi-format memory card reader, compatible with CompactFlash I/II, IBM Microdrive, Secure Digital (SD), miniSD, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Reduced Size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC), MultiMediaCard Plus (MMC plus), MultiMediaCard Mobile (MMC mobile), Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, SmartMedia, and xD Picture Card.
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- 56K modem
The 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium (with SP1) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
- HP MediaSmart Software Suite: Your one-stop multimedia and entertainment center to create photo slideshows, share personal videos, listen to your favorite music playlists and watch DVD movies.
- muvee autoProducer Basic: Automatically create professional looking home videos and burn to DVD.
- Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe: Automatically fix and edit videos and create CDs and DVDs. Edit, burn and archive data to discs.
- Microsoft Works 9: Includes a word processor, spreadsheet, database and calendar.
- Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (60-day trial version).
- Adobe Reader 8: Read and print PDF files.
- Norton Internet Security 2009 protects your PC and your identity when you email, bank and shop online; 60 days of protection updates included.
Dimensions & Weight
It measures 16.3 x 6.9 x 15.25 inches (LxWxD) and weighs approximately 22 pounds.
What's in the Box
The HP Pavilion a6750f desktop PC comes with a power cord, keyboard, and scroller mouse. It is backed by a one-year warranty for parts and labor from date of purchase, one-year technical phone service, and 90 days of software application support.
Note: Monitor not included.
- Sleek, shiny and powerful black-and-silver desktop with 2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 960 quad-core
- 750 GB hard drive, 8 GB installed RAM (16 GB max), 16x multi-format/dual-layer LightScribe DVD drive
- 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g); Gigabit Ethernet; ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics (256 MB dedicated)
- Connections: 6 USB, 2 FireWire, 1 VGA, 1 headphone/line-out, 1 microphone, 15-in-1 memory card reader
- Pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (64-bit version); includes keyboard and mouse
- Bad motherboard
Hi I had problems with the motherboard within a week of buying this product. Think before you buy this one....more info
Very useful, I hope it lasts longer than the one I had before. It was not an HP....more info
- Very happy with this comupter
I bought this here on Amazon two weeks ago. I'm happy as heck with it so far. I like Vista once I started using it, and so far I have done everything in the digital realm, so drivers haven't been an issue. Vista recognized my Creative mp3 player and my BlackBerry as soon as I plugged them in. I've heard that Vista was better if you run it on a computer that can handle it, meaning multiprocessors and 4 GB or more RAM, and I have found this to be the case. Very happy with both the hardware and the software, especially considering the price....more info
- Do not purchase this computer
I could write a whole page about my experience with this computer and HP's support. It takes 7+ minutes for this computer to boot. IE freezes up all the time and thier technicians don't know why. Niether does Microsoft. After about 1/2 hour, no matter what is running, the computer locks up. Sometime you can't even get the task manager to open and your only option is to log off or shut down. This happens time and time again. It was sugested that I reformat the computer. I resisted but eventually did. IT SOLVED NONE OF THE PROBLEMS. Now I'm trying to get HP to refund my purchase or send a replacement. You will find yourself on hold for a long time before you get to a tech in the Phillippines and you will probably know more about computers they the tech. Insist on a call back from a case manager. They are in Canada. They are technically proficient and can order a replacement or refund. But my best advice is
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM HP ESPECIALLY THIS COMPUTER OR ANY COMPUTER RUNNING VISTA. HP's case managers told me about all the problems they still encounter with Vista....more info
- fast w/low power consumption
I purchased one of these a couple of months ago and have been very happy with it. I however wish it had come with Linux pre-installed because I installed Debian Linux and did away with Windows Vista, which unfortunately was included in the price. The machine is speedy and performs well at everything I've asked it to do. The computer is certified as a low power computer. A kill-a-watt meter indicates that it idles at about 43 watts, which is a huge savings over a machine I used to own that consumed over 100 watts. So the average user should be able to save on their electricity bill using this desktop....more info
- Great value for money
This is not the latest and greatest machine you can buy on todays market, but it is wonderful value for money.
More than enough power for a small office, home, or homeschool work.
And when running dual boot with linux this box really screams.
With linux systems, this amount of memory makes it a home office dream....more info
- Good for video editing
I bought this computer because my other computer was ancient and I couldn't edit a movie without crashing.
My computer did not work when I first plugged it in. It was not compatible with my monitor. I couldn't figure it out until I connected the computer to another monitor. Apparently, that monitor has issues, because it didn't work with some of my other computers, either.
There was enough space for me to add my old SATA hard drive to run as a slave. There's also an extra bay to add another CD/DVD drive. I had to buy a SATA power Y cable, because all the SATA power cables in the case were being used.
The case opens pretty easily and the drives are easy to install.
This computer reads 15 different cards. I don't have that many to test. It works well with my SDHC cards. My MMC Pro worked, but it did not seat well in the slot. I had to jiggle it a little to get it to read.
In addition to the card readers, the front of the case also has one FireWire port and two USB ports, one headphone jack and one speaker jack, which make for easier access.
I wish the USB ports were horizontal rather than vertical. I would like to have more than two USB ports in the front and I would like at least one of the USB ports to be a distance away from the other two. The ones on this computer are so close together that they make it difficult for me to insert my EVDO USB modem when something else is connected to the other USB port.
It was easy to get up and running and my screen wasn't cluttered with a bunch of useless trial offers. It took me a bit of getting used to, but it is pretty easy to navigate. My only problem is compatibility issues. My Palm software cannot be installed and used on Vista. Therefore, I am unable to sync my Palm.
Internet Explorer 8 came installed on this computer, but I cannot use my American Greetings subscription to print out greeting cards, because the tech support there said it is not compatible with IE8. I would need to uninstall IE8 and install IE7 to use their site.
Thus the reason I bought this computer. Can it handle video editing? The answer is yes! And I can multitask while I'm at it. Whereas my last computer took hours to create video only a few minutes long and often crashed in the process, this one took minutes. Burning was quick.
This was a nice purchase for me. It's a fast computer, I notice it even when downloading and installing programs. I especially notice it when editing my videos. There are some minor compatibility issues but Vista is not difficult to use and I am a happy camper. ...more info
- Works as advertised
This computer arrived almost ready to go. It works at lighting speed compared to my 7 year old HP. It handles many big programs open at once. First used for video editing and it meets all my expectations. The only con is windows vista. I am xp fan. Computer uses 64bit version of vista. I have found very few programs that will not work on the 64bit version....more info
- Beyond Painfully Slow
The HP Pavillion appears to have all the current bells and whistles that a consumer would be looking for in a fast and long lasting computer. I would give this product 0 stars if it would let me. This product takes longer than my 10 year old computer to turn on. Additionally, every time there is a new tab the computer seems to get lost in an endless loop before it will allow you to enter any data. There aren't enough words in the Webster dictionary to describe the extent of frustration and the amount of wasted time with this machine. I sent mine back. I purchased a computer from a different companyHP Pavilion A6750F Desktop PC (2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9650 Quad-Core Processor, 8 GB RAM, 750 GB Hard Drive, DVD Drive, Vista Premium)....more info
- Too noisy
This PC works okay but rather slow. My old HP desk top PC (with AMD dual process) was much quieter than this machine. You can really hear the noise from the power supply's fan during the night time. I don't know if HP has switched to use cheaper power supply for this line of the PCs. Does anyone else noticed the noise or it is just this particular machine. ...more info
- Nightmare--where's the "0" stars icn?
Windows Vista is a nightmare. Nothing from my old computer works on it. Would never buy a Vista-equipped product again....more info
- I am so happy!
I love the power and speed of this computer! It plays all my current applications and one's that I had from before! I gave up a newer Acer because of problems with my favorite applications. No problems at all with this one.
I have had many brands of computers and seem to have the best luck with HP's. The hardware works well together and I have not had any glitches like I do with the Acer or Toshiba computers I own.
Would I recommend it? Yes. I actually bought another after using the one I got my son for his gaming. He rocks now on CounterStrike!...more info