|Norton Antivirus 2009 3User
|List Price: $69.99
Our Price: $26.99
You Save: $43.00 (61%)
Norton AntiVirus 2009 provides fast and up-to-the-minute defense against all types of malicious software. It keeps your system protected without slowing it down.
Expanded SONAR Protection offers real time protection against bots and other types of unknown threats without requiring the user to make confusing security decisions Innovative new architecture dramatically reduces boot time impact, scan time, memory usage as well as system footprint and install time Performance monitor shows the performance impact of security processes. Norton Process Trust optimizes your scans for performance without compromising on security. Smart Idle Time Scheduler runs quietly in the background to let you work and play without disruption Silent-Mode ensures your games and movies are never interrupted by alerts and security updates Intrusion Prevention protects against OS multimedia and other plug-in vulnerability attacks
3-user license for Norton AntiVirus 2009, the fastest, lightest antivirus solution you can buy. Rapid pulse updates and the innovative new Norton Insight architecture dramatically improve performance while helping to ensure that you're protected from the latest threats. Norton AntiVirus stays out of your way while you work or play. It automatically suspends all non-critical tasks and alerts when you're enjoying games and movies. And while Web-based attacks may be the single fastest growing type of online threat, Symantec's patent-pending Browser Protection lets you surf the Internet with confidence.
Norton AntiVirus 2009 is the fastest, lightest antivirus solution you can buy. Click to enlarge.
3 User Version--Protection for 3 PCs This version of Norton AntiVirus 2009 provides protection for up to 3 PCs per household.
Winning protection against viruses, spyware, and other software threats
Engineered for Speed
- New--Scans only files and processes at risk using Norton Insight.
- New--Installs in under one minute on average, requires less than 8 MB of memory.
- New--Delivers up-to-the-minute protection with rapid pulse updates every 5 to 15 minutes.
- Improved--Provides multilayered security through the Norton Protection System.
- New--Prevents bots from taking control of your PC.
- Detects and automatically removes malicious threats.
- Improved--Defends against Web-based attacks.
- Automatically detects and removes spyware, viruses, Trojans, bots and Internet worms.
- New--Recovery tool boots and repairs badly infected PCs.
- New--Delivers our most complete, deep cleaning scan possible.
- Norton Ongoing Protection provides continuous protection updates and new product features as they become available throughout your product subscription period, helping to keep your computer protected against the latest Internet threats and risks.
- Norton Automatic Renewal Service helps to ensure that you're protected by automatically renewing your product subscription before it expires.
Control without disruptions
- New--Automatically schedules scans and updates to occur while PC is idle.
- New--Review the security status of every process on your PC.
- New--Silent mode helps ensures movies and games are never interrupted.
- Maps your wireless home network.
Free Technical Support
- New--Tech support without charge from Symantec delivers help however you need it.***
- Prevents bots from taking control of your PC, accessing your private information, or using your computer to host an attack.
- Blocks browser exploits and protects against infected Web sites so users can surf the Internet with confidence
Rapid Pulse Updates
- Delivers up-to-the-minute protection with updates every 5 to 15 minutes
- Saves time and improves performance with Norton Insight which delivers innovative intelligence-driven technology for faster, fewer and shorter scans
- Reviews the security status of every process on your PC
Norton Recovery Tool
- Boots and repairs PCs badly infected by malware, even when the virus has left leaving the computer unbootable
Norton Protection System
- Provides multilayered protection working in concert to stop threats before they impact you
Control without Disruptions
- Ensures movies and games are never interrupted via silent mode which suspends alerts and updates while you're watching or playing
- Smart Scheduler runs quietly in the background to let you work and play without disruption
- Real-time SONAR (Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response) technology detects new and unknown threats
- Streamlined, rapid installation gets you up and running fast
- Specialized deep-cleaning technology delivers our most complete scan possible to repair heavily infected computers
Virus and Spyware Protection
* 1 Year Protection: With this service, you receive the right to use this product on one PC or on the specified number of PCs during the service period, which begins upon initial installation. This renewable service includes protection updates and new product features as available throughout the service period, subject to acceptance of the Symantec License Agreement included with this product and available for review at www.symantec.com.
- Automatically detects and removes spyware, viruses, Trojan horses, and Internet worms
- Monitors email and instant messages so you can exchange files without exchanging threats
- Rootkit detection finds and removes threats that are hidden deeply in the operating system.
- Norton On-going Protection provides continuous protection updates and new product features as they become available throughout your product subscription period, helping to keep your computer protected against new threats and risks.*
- Norton Automatic Renewal Service helps ensure that you're protected by automatically renewing your product subscription before it expires.
- Includes protection updates and new product features as available throughout the renewable service period. * Includes one year of automatic definition updates, new product features, and access to updated versions of Norton AntiVirus. *
Which Norton Solution Is Right For Me?
- Norton AntiVirus stops viruses, worms, spyware, bots, and more--keeps your system protected against all types of malicious threats
- Norton Insight delivers innovative intelligence-driven technology for faster, fewer, shorter scans
- Rapid pulse updates every 5 to 15 minutes provide up-to-the-minute protection
- Prevents virus-infected emails and instant messages from spreading--feel secure while you keep in touch
- Blocks browser exploits and protects against infected Web sites--surf the Internet with confidence
- Cheap, Work Good
I have been using Norton products for several years, and my PCs have always been virus free (as long as they didn't run out of subscription). Norton products have, in the past, had a tendency to be a little under engineered. I just purchased Antivirus 2009 a few weeks ago. I have to tell you, so far I am completely satisfied.
* Easy to install, the hardest part was typing in the product key.
* Automatically scans and updates without prompting you to do it.
* Cheap, cheaper than the competition anyway.
* Runs silently and stealthily in the background.
* Has an excellent two-way firewall.
* Detected viruses and removed them during installation.
* Is not a Microsoft Product. Philosophically, it seems unwise to buy a program from an operating system supplier to protect your computer from vulnerabilities in their operating system. Like having the hens guard the hen house. On the other hand, who understands Windows defects better than Microsoft?
* Did not automatically remove Norton Internet Security 2008, even though its subscription had expiered. NIS had to be removed manually first. This should be automated.
- Install problems
Advanced protection did not work on one of the computers. After numerous hours of on-line chat with Symantec tech support they could not resolve the problem, said there was no virus or other malicious software on the computer and suggested I pay $90 for the next level of support. $90 to fix their problem is more than the software cost. Also, it created a conflict with Power Desk 7 which was resolved by Power Desk not Symantec. Bottom line, I removed it from all 6 of our computers and for less than the cost of Symantec support I went back to using CA's AntiVirus which has been problem free for 5 years. ...more info
- Speedy relief
Man, oh, man are the other reviewers right about Norton 360. It slowed my computer down to a crawl. They were also right about this streamlined product being less of a drag on the computer's resources. Look at the product description and you'll see it does all the things you're likely looking for in computer security. And it doesn't hang over your shoulder all the time like 360, telling you that some horrible threat is lurking. Balderdash! If Antivirus 2009 can't do it, then neither can 360. Think the on-line backup you get with 360 is a nifty feature? Remember that lasts only as long as you subscription. A rewritable DVD lasts longer....more info
- Had a little trouble installing
Product works fine after the installation which gave me a bit of trouble.
Had previously been running Norton Internet Security 2008.
I did un-install NIS before loading the new AV2009, yet ran into unexpected dialog box looking for SimIM.sys.
It was looking for this driver in:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymNetDrv
where Norton Internet security had the file orginally.
At first I though it was confused, but after searching the hard drive
found the file in the AV2009 directory:
C:\program files\Norton Antivirus\Engine\126.96.36.199\SymIM
Don't know why it was looking in the wrong place, but finding the driver in the AV directory suggested it was suppose to be a part of AV2009.
So I pointed the dialog at this directory and the remainder of the install progressed just fine.
Been running on 2 computers for 1 week now w/o any problems.
- Good product
Delivered in a timely manner. Works as advertised. No incompatibility problems. No problems with viruses (so far)....more info
- fast fast fast
so yeah i have this.
pros: faster than 2008
downloads new updates every few minutes!!!!!!!!
it tells you how much your computer is usiing vs. the norton product
you can safely store my credit cards and stuff in there
ohh takes less than a second after you click to show up rather than maybe 5 seconds or whatever
id have to say its a much needed upgrade!!!!!!!!...more info
- One of the best antivirus software
Norton Antivirus 2009 is one of the best antivirus software.
* stops viruses, spyware, bots, worms and malicious threats
* great interface
* good virus database
* it works on Windows Vista and XP...more info
I like the norton antivirus and being able to install it myself. The only issue that i really have is that--when i first put the item in the hold cart it was less than forty dollars and when i got ready to purchase it --the price went up and once i received it and i looked itn up again --it had went back down around thirty-eight dollars--i felt like that was beat up--it makes me think twice about ordering any more products again......more info