|Family Tree Maker 2009 Platinum
|List Price: $99.99
Our Price: $82.99
You Save: $17.00 (17%)
Family Tree Maker 2009 by Ancestry can help you easily discover, preserve and share your family history. It can help you build your family tree, gather stories and photos and create charts and books to share with your family.
The Platinum Edition includes a six-month subscription to Ancestry, the world's largest online collection of family history records with more than 7 billion ancestors' names. Enter facts about your family and Family Tree Maker will automatically connect to the site.
From there, Family Tree Maker 2009 will let you quickly add historical records and facts from Ancestry to your tree. Publish your tree online to share with the whole family, or create a custom-printed family history book. You can also preserve your heritage by adding photos, video and audio clips to your tree, or use Family Tree Maker's interactive maps, timelines, charts and more to help bring your story to life. 25% discount on DNA Testing, break through genealogical dead ends, confirm existing research and discover genetic cousins with a simple DNA test; you'll save up to $50 System Requirements - Windows XP SP2/Vista 1 GHz Intel Pentium III (or equivalent) 460 MB for installation / 512 MB of RAM 32X CD/CD-R 1024x768 resolution monitor (video card with 32MB of video RAM for Vista) All online features require existing Internet access Some supplemental products require a DVD-ROM drive Administrator privileges are required to properly install the program on Windows XP and Windows Vista
Family Tree Maker 2009 by Ancestry.com, the #1 selling family history software, can help you easily discover, preserve and share your family history. It can help you build your family tree, gather stories and photos and create charts and books to share with your family. The Platinum Edition includes a six-month subscription to Ancestry.com--the world's largest online collection of family history records with more than 7 billion ancestors' names. You'll also receive an interactive training tutorial, The Family Tree Maker Little Book of Answers, a 25% off coupon for Ancestry DNA and a 15% discount on a professionally printed family history book or poster.
What's new in Family Tree maker 2009?
- Exciting new charts and reports
- Improved data editing and manipulation
- Enhanced maps, charts and reports
- A robust "find and replace" functionality
- Expanded RTF and HTML export
- Improved file merging and memory usage
- A way to copy and paste source citations
- The ability to save and apply templates
- Increased overall performance
How can you make the most of Ancestry.com?
- Family Tree Maker Platinum 2009 comes with six months of free access to Ancestry.com, the world's largest online collection of family history resources.
- Your software works seamlessly with the site so you can easily search for your ancestors and add the information you discover to your tree.
- You could find missing facts about your family in census records, draft cards, passenger lists, image collections and other historical resources.
Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting on your family tree, Family Tree Maker 2009 can help you create a family tree faster, easier, and better than ever before. The end result is a family history that you and your family will treasure for years to come.
- Create essential genealogy reports (Register and Ahnentafel)
- Share your family tree with several new charting options: hourglass, bow tie, and fan. You can also use custom templates or design your own
- Streamline your data entry with one-click editing of individuals from any workspace in the software
- Simplify sourcing with "cut and paste" source citations
- Track AND print your ancestors' migration paths on interactive maps
- Enjoy faster startup times and improved file performance
- Find your ancestors more easily with improved Web Search. You can even choose to ignore irrelevant results.
Bonus materials inside:
The Standard Ancestry.com Reference Library
Access 10 invaluable family history reference books, compiled and indexed on one DVD
The Getting Started Guide to Family Tree Maker
Follow simple directions to begin a project and master the program's basic features
Interactive Training Tutorial
Get step-by-step instructions and tips that will help you easily build and grow your family tree.
The Family Tree Maker Little Book of Answers
Read short sections that will tell you how Family Tree Maker can work best for you.
Discounts on Ancestry.com Products
Save 10% on a personalized, professionally printed family history book or poster and 25% on DNA testing.
And don't forget the features you've come to rely on:
- Dynamic user interface that lets you quickly switch between important features
- The ability to import data from other genealogy programs, including Personal Ancestry File, The Master Genealogist, and Legacy Family Tree
- Powerful sourcing tools that let you document AND rate each of your citations
- Interactive maps and lists that give you a bird's-eye view of where members of your family come
- Place authority database of more than 3 million names that helps you standardize your place entries
- Photo AND file management features so you can easily incorporate all types of media files into your charts and reports
- Timelines that highlight personal, family, and world events
- Easy-to-use tools for merging duplicate individuals, calculating dates, creating to-do lists, and more
Use Ancestry.com and Family Tree Maker together to get the most out of both.
- Search the extensive record collections at Ancestry.com without ever leaving your family tree! And, when you find new records, you can quickly merge them into your tree.
- Take advantage of Ancestry Hints--Family Tree Maker automatically suggests records that may match people in your tree
- Share heirloom-quality books and attractive posters that you create with the self-publishing tool at Ancestry.com
Your Family Tree Maker 2009 software also includes:
- Training Tutorial for Family Tree Maker 2009 (included on Family Tree Maker disk)
- Getting Started Guide (included on Family Tree Maker disk)
14-day free trial subscription to Ancestry.com.
Search the world's largest online repository of family history records.
- Improved synchronization with Ancestry.com and access to the world's largest online collection of family history records (over 6 billion records)
- A powerful new global find and replace feature that searches text in facts, notes, media, sources, and tasks
- Updated charts and reports including new book layouts for charts, and new relationship, and data error reports; ability to save and reuse publication templates, charts, and reports
- Includes a six-month subscription to Ancestry.com, interactive training tutorial, The Family Tree Maker Little Book of Answers, a 25% off coupon for Ancestry DNA and a 15% discount on a professionally printed family history book or poster
- Easy to use
I'm a novice in searching family trees and within just a few days I had traced my father's family back to 1607 Scotland. I was amazed!...more info
- Family Tree Maker 2009
In general a good program with easy data entry, however there is a problem with closing each session as there isn't an obvious "save" feature. The only option seems to be "backup" which I use. Unfortunately, it doesn't always seem to backup all data entered. I lost one complete data entering session because I can't find the backup. Now when I open, A notice appeears that the last session was not closed properly and to shut down until a solution can be found but when I close the notice, I find that the program is opening and I can use it. Somewhat confusing....more info
- Think Twice Before Purchasing
I have used Family TreeMaker from its beginning. Last upgrade (until yesterday) was version 11. I have not used the program for a couple of years and now I want to update information and reprint 200 page book I compiled in version 11. Kept getting an error message and program would not open, so decided to upgrade to 2009. Wish now I had listened to SAVE YOUR MONEY by B. Hernden. All the information imported quite nicely except my book. Support sent me download link for 2005 startup edition. I was to open file in 2005, save file as ftw file and doing that would allow 2009 to read and open the book file. Well, that didn't work. So support suggested that with a little more work I could have a better book using 2009! I spent hours, days, weeks compiling that book and I am not about to toss it for the newer version. I will be shopping for an older version that will open my book, allow me to edit and publish it. Also, found format for entering new info in 2009 very confusing. Go ahead if all you have is individual information files and notes, but if you have a book on older version that means a lot to you, DON'T!...more info
- Love FTM
Excellent program for recording geanealogies. I have used others and this is my favorite. ddj...more info
- Genealogy software
I've picked up the thread of researching my ancestry after a hiatus of some fifteen years. My previous search included several trips to the Midwest and a number of visits to libraries and the South San Francisco branch of the National Archives. While I accumulated a wealth of material, organizing it was an overwhelming task. Thanks to Family Tree Maker, I've put all that material in a usable package and am looking forward to resuming my investigations....more info
This is my first genealogy software. I find it some what easy to use; but, there are some items that require the user manual. I like how this program interfaces with ancestry.com...more info
- Family Tree Platinum Upgrade
I have used FTM for years. This version adds many features but like other software, added features usually means relearning how to use the software and finding out how to do things you already knew in the earlier version. Overall its a good product but not very intuitive....more info