|Fallout 3 Collector's Edition
|List Price: $79.99
Our Price: $30.00
You Save: $49.99 (62%)
For 200 years, Vault 101, a fallout shelter, has served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants. Yet one morning, you awake to find that your father has left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father. Fallout 3 is a singleplayer action role-playing game (RPG) that combines the horrific insanity of the Cold War era theory of mutually assured destruction gone terribly wrong with the kitschy naivety of American 1950s nuclear propaganda.
Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence - Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results Modern super-deluxe HD graphicsIncludes Vault Boy Bobblehead - Enjoy your very own Vault Boy with this collector's item direct from Vault-Tec The Art of Fallout 3 - This hardcover book features nearly 100 pages of never-before seen concept art and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists The Making of Fallout 3 - Get an exclusive, inside look at Bethesda Game Studios and the team behind the game with this special DVD Vault-Tec Lunch Box - The entire package comes in a fully customized metal lunch box
The third game in the Fallout series, Fallout 3 is a singleplayer action role-playing game (RPG) set in a post-apocalyptic Washington DC. Combining the horrific insanity of the Cold War era theory of mutually assured destruction gone terribly wrong, with the kitschy naivety of American 1950s nuclear propaganda, Fallout 3 will satisfy both players familiar with the popular first two games in its series as well as those coming to the franchise for the first time.
The Story: Vault 101 - Jewel of the Wastes
Welcome to the nation's capital.
The Brotherhood of Steel is a powerful ally.
Customize characters with your Pip-Boy.
The optional turn-based VATS mode.
For 200 years, Vault 101 , a fallout shelter, has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.Key Features:
The Fallout 3 Collector's Edition includes:
- Limitless Freedom! - Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! - Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation - the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- Fantastic New Views! - The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
- The Power of Choice! - Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast 'Em Away With V.A.T.S.! -Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! - At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America's First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Eye-Popping Prettiness! - Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant's face.
- Fallout 3: From the creators of the award-winning Oblivion comes Fallout 3, featuring one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland. Prepare for the future.
- Vault Boy Bobblehead: Enjoy your very own Vault Boy with this collector's item direct from Vault-Tec.
- The Art of Fallout 3: This hardcover book features nearly 100 pages of never-before seen concept art and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists.
- The Making of Fallout 3: Get an exclusive, inside look at Bethesda Game Studios and the team behind the game with this special DVD.
- Vault-Tec Lunch Box: The entire package comes in a fully customized metal lunch box.
- Enjoy your very own Vault Boy collectors item direct from Vault-Tec
- Includes The Art of Fallout 3 hardcover book of exclusive concept art and commentary
- Special DVD The Making of Fallout 3 included for a behind the scenes look at the creative team
- Includes fully customized metal Vault-Tec lunch box
- Receive these collector edition items with the game Fallout 3
- Best game ever
I rarely get sucked into games, but this one really hooked me. Amazingly well done and one of the best games I've played ever....more info
- The Best Game i Ever Played....and i been playing video games for only 26 Years!!!
The Best Game i Ever Played....and i been playing video games for only 26 Years!!!...more info
- Absolutely incredible! Highly addicting!
As for the goodies you get in the CE, it's well worth paying the little extra just for the lunchbox alone, but the bobble head is pretty cool, too.
This has got to be the best game I've ever played, and I have played countless games. I play all types of games: RPG's, FPS's, MMORPG's, action, adventure, puzzle...I think the only game type that has never interested me is sports games.
There are already alot of good reviews here where others have written the pros and cons to this game, so I'm not going to go into depth about those things, as it would be awfully redundant. To be honest here, I can't think of anything I would find to list as a con anyway. I sincerely love this game and would be remiss if I didn't come here to give it a top rating. It's a huge, open world out there just waiting for you to come and explore it! ...more info
- I have the PS3 version, but...
I have the collector's edition for the PS3, but I intend to get it for the X-360, because of the 1080p aspect of it. I'll get a 1080p LCD TV later soon after I get another X-360. I friggen' love this game. I gave it 4 stars on over all, because Sony could not reproduce the 1080p coding for the game like Microsoft can. Supposedly Sony has a herd time doing the computer coding making it 720p instead of the 1080p, or something like that. So yeah, even though X-360 has many billions of defects, it has 1080p, and the 50$ store warranty makes up for it, as long as they keep offering it, and it burn's out with in the year for the gamestop store warranty.
Don't get me wrong 720p is still sweet.
I can't wait to dee it in 1080p....more info
- Its a Pip! More of the Same w/Fallout 3
There won't be any surprises for gamers familiar with the Wasteland/Fallout franchise. This isn't a bad thing, if you liked those games, but if you expect any kind of qantum leap in gameplay or storyline Fallout3 may disappoint. Having said that, I know two folks who aren't familiar with the series who have become fans.
I bought the lunchbox 'cause I couldn't afford the "Amazon Survival Edition" w/the Pipboy Alarm Clock. Can you say "Fanboy"? Anyway, it comes with a nice little concept-art booklet and a cool bobblehead. All for about the same $$ as the game alone. Go figure.
The game looks pretty good from my Xbox360 into my standard def TV, but not great. Might be better with full HD. I'd like to compare it to the PS3 version.
The back-story and production design are nicely done - mostly taken right out of the previous games and ported into a good first person POV. Decent character design and fun landscapes in an exhaustingly large world, which can lead to a lot of rambling around w/o making much plot progress. You can certainly git' 'er done, though, and "beat" the game's main quest, then go back and run around in the unexplored areas.
The only downside of that much freedom is that most of the enemies tend to look exactly the same after the first few encounters. Interestingly, in Fallout3 even hand-to-hand battles tend to end with body parts flying across the screen. In earlier games you could tone the gore down; I don't know if you can control that in this version.
NPCs generally are pretty boring, with a few notable exceptions, and lacking the self-concious sense of humor in their dialogue that marked earlier versions. Still, there are some nice perks that enhance dialogue options which mix things up a little. The voice-acting is average, but not bad enough to be distracting.
All in all, there's no reason for FO fans to complain about this game. On the other hand, we can only hope that the next installment pushes the innovation factor a little....more info
- I AM NOW AN ADDICT!
THIS GAME IS SICK... TOO BAD MY XBOX GOT THE 3 RING OF DEATH! I WOULD BE ALL OVER IT RIGHT KNOW...more info
- Will keep you up for hours.. who needs sleep??
This game is awesome! I normally play FPSrs but after getting Fable II (another pretty good game) for my girlfriend, I liked the hours of gameplay that RPGs offer. If you like first person shooters, but you wish they had longer campaigns, I recommend Fallout 3. The open world in this game is massive. The first person shooter aspect is awesome (can be frustrating at time because your aim may appear on target and miss because of the deteriorated condition of the weapon). If FPS makes you dizzy.. you can play the whole game in 3rd person a la Splinter Cell. The objects in the game are very detailed. You can pick up nearly every object and sell it or save it for further use (if you have "learned" how to use them.
I got the game last week and pretty much played all weekend staying up until 4am friday and saturday... even played it in my sleep.. it is a very hard game to put down!!!
I really can't come up with a "con" for this game... maybe that the playable character's movement lacks some depth in third person view (the cut scenes when you kill using VATS more than makes up for it!).. but it's a non issue for me because i use the first person view.
If you only like FPS with lots of constant action.. you may not like this game.
But if you own (and like) Call of duty and Oblivion, or you just want a really well made game with many options for style of play and replayability.. as well as countless hours of gameplay ... Buy THIS GAME!
- Fallout 3
Great game. If you liked oblivion you will love this game. Fast-ish shipping. I think I chose free shipping so really, who can complain? I really only got the callectors edition for the bobble head -which is awesome. If you can live without the bobble head/lunch box, the normal game is a little cheaper....more info
- Amazing game, amazing bundle
Came when they said it would and in great condition. The game is a lot of fun and takes A LOT of time. Which is good. ...more info
- Awesome game but wait for GOTY edition.
Game is awesome all around. You will spend countless hours free roaming and side questing. This is just friendly heads-up. The Game of the Year edition will have the 2 available now and 2 soon available contents included in its price. Each of the DLC's cost $10. They are worth it but if you can wait a lil bit you could get a real good deal.
Anyway the game is epic in it's scale. It's a first/third person shooting RPG.
I can give you my Stamp of Approval on this one and i'm not a turn based RPG fan at all.
- Great game
This game is ridiculously immersive. It has a great story and hours upon hours of bonus quests. The graphics are great and the gameplay is addictive. Watching a super mutant's head get blown into pieces in slow motion never gets old. I would highly suggest this game to anyone, especially fans of Oblivion. Just make sure you have a lot of free time. ...more info
- Excellent game
Fallout 3 is an excellent game. It is a perfect continuation of the Fallout universe taking place in the ruins of Washington DC, and with the addition of downloadable content (not included in purchase price) the game branches out to locations like Alaska and Pittsburgh as well. Even without DLC, the base game is highly enjoyable, and the bonus features in the Collector's edition are well worth the price for any true fans of the originals....more info
- Game of the year !!!.
Easily one of the best games I have ever played.. And thats saying a lot since I have been gaming since the pong days....more info
- Excellence brought down by repetition
Here's the basic deal with this game: It is a huge, meaty adventure with a ton of things to see and interact with. There's a gigantic world stuffed with characters, items, places, and things to do.
The problem, however, is that so much of it is redundant fluff. After you are past the initial fun of watching enemies explode and exploring underground subway tunnels, you quickly realize that it's the same thing over and over and over. The fun you felt in breaking into a new building you just discovered is quickly nullified once you realize that it's going to be full of the same things as the previous building. There are few enemy types, a lot of the perks you get upon leveling up are worthless, and generally there's absolutely no style to the game whatsoever. The music is incidental, the gameplay is passable, and the overall experience ends up getting bogged down in the process because there's simply so much repetition.
Still, I cannot deny that I've spent 60+ hours in it and had a good deal of fun along the way. I'd personally recommend that you crunch through the main quest fairly quickly and THEN go do a lot of the side missions, because then you are guaranteed to level up enough to be able to hack the requisite terminals and locked doors in order to finish those missions.
Perhaps you're the type of gamer that just wants to walk around and explore, in which case, the fun factor will remain more constant and long lasting. For anyone else trying to finish this and move on to another game, they would be well served to move through it quickly, because the remainder of it really is the same fetch quest over and over.
It is not a bad game by any means, and it is reasonably well put together. It simply needs more to do once you get past the initial shock of overwhelming everything....more info
- 200 + hours and loved it
OK, I bought this game knowing nothing about the series. It took me some time to get into the game and the gaming system. Maybe 10 - 13 hours of play. However, once I got in to it, I totally got hooked.
I played this game on my Mac Book Pro running in Boot Camp. I had to reduce the graphics but even so, the play was smooth and fun. I really enjoyed the different ways to customize my character. I played start to finish 3 times and finished all but 2 (or 1?) of the goals in the game.
I only have two complaints: 1. the game has an ending and you cannot play after that ending. 2. the max level is 20, which will affect how you build your character.
I managed to finish many quests in very different ways. I found cool weapons and learned to manage my inventory weight pretty well. I did find that with a little work, it was pretty easy to make money irrelevant.
Overall this is an expansive game with a lot of fun. There are some very tough characters and generally stealth is rewarded.
I was surprised just how much I got into this game.
Oh, and I was traveling between the US and Europe a few times while I was playing this game. I logged about 20 hours at 30K feet....more info
- MUST BUY
I loved this game! I hated oblivion but i love Fallout 3. I beat my games pretty fast but not this game. I have spent over 40 hours into this game. I also LOVE the music. BUy it while the collectors edition while its still $60...more info
- play a lot
My kids haven't stopped playing it !! I would say it is a popular game!...more info