|Kids Safe: Teach Your Children Well
Children in single-parent and two-income families often find themselves at home
alone in the hours right after school. Help keep them safe with these tips and
- Make sure they know their full name, address, and phone
number (parents' work numbers, too).
- Teach them how to call 911 or the operator in an
- Explain how to give directions to your home in an
- Make sure they know not to accept rides or gifts from
people they don't know well; tell them to stay at least 8 feet away from a
stranger in a car who stops to ask for directions.
- Teach older kids how to operate door and window locks
and your home's alarm system.
- Whenever your kids come home to an empty house, have
them check in with you or a neighbor as soon as they arrive.
- Give kids a house key to keep in a safe, concealed
place, such as inside a sock. Never keep a key outside under a doormat.
- Make sure your kids know that they must not let anyone
into your home, including other kids, without permission.
- Tell your kids how to respond so phone callers and
people at the door won't know they're home alone.
- Test your kids to make sure they know how to escape in
case of a fire or other emergency.
- Tell your kids never to go in your house or apartment
alone if things don't look right, such as if a door is is already open or a
screen is ripped
|London leads - will rest follow?
Are fake video cameras inexpensive solutions or lawsuits waiting to happen?
PM attacks yob culture and pledges to help bring back respect
Goodbye To Privacy
Mysterious 'Blob' Recorded By Security Camera
Trial in absentia for Russian defector
All the world's a car park
TSU installing state-of-the-art video camera surveillance system
Security Camera System Services
'About that cruise...'
Video threat to kill UN hostages
Security Camera Price