|Smoke Detector Tips
Each year in the U.S., about 12,000 children under 15 are injured in residential
fires. 90% of fire victims are children in homes without working smoke
The statistics make it clear: smoke alarms save lives. Here are
some tips from the Home Service Security Store to help you keep these
There are very few things
you can do that are as simple, effective, and important as taking care of your
smoke detectors. Take good care of your smoke detectors, and they'll take good
care of you.
- Replace batteries twice a year. To remember to do this, change the batteries
at the same time as you change your clocks for Daylight Savings Time. Make it a
family affair so the kids will remember how important smoke detectors are.
- Remember that some smoke detectors need to be replaced every 7-10 years.
- Use only smoke detectors approved by an Underwriters Laboratory or another
recognized testing lab.
- If your smoke detector goes off because of a "false alarm" such as cooking,
smoking, steam or dust, don't remove the battery. Fan the smoke away and open a
window. You might forget to put the battery back in later and leave your house
- Install at least one smoke detector in the hall outside all bedrooms, or
even inside the bedrooms.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of the home.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month.
|Empire State Building
BUMPER TO BUMPER
Doors Feature Electronic Eyes
Circuit Breakers Work
Why does my computer need a battery?
Architectural design and information technology control the speed and effectiveness of an
Listening is first step in security system design
Credit Suisse First Boston
Color Speed Dome Camera
Home Security Camera Background