|Family Fire Escape Plan
It's the middle of the night, and you've been sleeping for a few hours. If
you're like most people, that's not when you're at your best. Now imagine you're
waking up to the confusion of a house fire. The room's dark and smoke-filled.
What do you do?
A clear escape plan is a great way to keep your family
safe during this incredibly stressful situation. A little prior planning will go
a long way toward making your plan a success, and the Home Security Store offers
the following information to help you build your own plan.
Is Everyone With
- As part of your plan, assign someone to call 911,
either yourself or another responsible adult.
- Make a sketch of the layout of each floor of your
house, including windows, doors, and stairways. Mark escape routes from each
room on the sketch.
- Make sure that everyone knows two ways out of
- Plan alternative escape routes. Contact your local
fire department for possibilities.
- Plan a meeting spot outside the house, at a
neighbor's or in a special place in the yard a good distance from the
- Assign a member of the family to be responsible
for the younger and older members of the family. Get a "buddy" system going so
everyone is taken care of.
- Assign a responsible adult to look after house
pets in case of fire.
- Count heads and stay together.
- Don't go back into the house for personal
|BANK ONE MAKES THE DIGITAL SWITCH
KEEPING ENEMIES AT THE GATE
The Mall of America CCTV system covers nearly 1.6 million square fee of mall plus several
Why does my computer need a battery?
Added Cot Cam
Cameras are rolling for public safety
Beyond guards at Kaiser Permanente in Colorado
College laboratory security lacking, investigators say
NetStream DigiLinX IP-Based Multi-Room Audio
Horizon Gives Big Banks A Run For Their Money
Computer security background information